Wednesday, September 28, 2005

On my 3rd day of blogging some comments came to me...

At the end of the my second day of blogging I got up the courage to open some of the posts up for comments. It was nice on the 3rd day to get friendly comments. It was a great feeling to get that support and know that someone has read what you wrote and actually liked it...thanks!

It is an interesting exercise to take the contents of your brain, spill it on the screen and put it out there for anyone to read. I have been active spillling my brain on e-mail lists for a couple of years, but since the blog is all me, not just me responding, it is more exposed.

My 3rd day discovery is a blog is a great place to put all those thoughts I don't always have a chance to share or that I have already shared a hundred times, or the ideas that resonate in my mind or just those important issues that need to be discussed. I can see why there are now millions of blogs out there, what a great place to store the contents of your brain.

I have *never* been one to write in a journal---how is it that a blog seems easy to write, while a journal is torture? I have no idea, but this blogging stuff could be addictive. It gives me that morethanfine feeling.

Barb

4 Comments:

Blogger Marjorie said...

What I like most about blogging is the opportunity for interaction. Of course, thats also what makes it terrifying. But, its also what makes it an avenue for personal growth. I guess plain old journaling also offers that chance.

9/28/2005 10:07 AM  
Blogger Kara said...

Hello, Susan left some comments over on http://homeschoolingillinois.blogspot.com under my post about your new blog. Come on over!

9/28/2005 10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But plain old journaling isn't as apealing somehow. I have never kept a journal, but I used to keep websites for my kids, and I scrapbook. It's something about knowing that others are seeing your words--that end step in the thought process--sharing your ideas with others. Great blog, Barb!

9/28/2005 3:23 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Thanks Kara---now I know how I know you, because you work with Susan!

Barb

9/28/2005 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home