Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I love/hate the holidays

I love the holidays, I love the decorations and the music and the chance of snow (not this year in SE VA) andI love candlelight services and cookies and Christmas gatherings and piano recitals.
It was thrilling to have my 14yo play piano for the offeratory Christmas morning. He played a very dramatic version of 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen' and got one of those moments of hush before everyone applauded (yes we clap for stuff like that in our church :)---it was morethanfine! He really didn't want to do it, but agreed to do it for me as a Christmas gift (sniff, sniff--pass the kleenex).

I hate the holidays, the busyness, the cold damp (non-snowy) weather and wrapping presents. (I like buying them and opening them, just not fonding of wrapping them.)

Okay I really love them way more than I hate them :)
So, I am sad that all the decorations are put away and the tree is waiting at the curb for the city to haul it away, but I am glad that life is calm again and I don't have to check the calendar everyday to see if there is an event/recital/concert that I forgot!

Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home